Monday, December 7, 2009

5th Outside Event

After class on Thursday, I was frantically trying to find a fifth outside event, I started branching out to some fellow students and roommates. I got some insight to a coffee bar similar to Otherlands Coffee Bar; it’s called Java Cabana Coffee Bar. Believe it or not, it is on the same street, Cooper Young that is. The coffee bar has open mic nights on Thursdays. My roommates/friends went up there to check it out, it had plenty of amateur poets and writers. But once again it was very interesting just because of the atmosphere of being in a coffee shop but it also being related to English in an odd way. Some of the poems were hard to get the meaning of because they sounded like they just made up some random ideas that seemed to rhyme, and some that just sounded like straight up sentences jumbled into poems. But one of the stories that was read really was interesting. About the writers life as a child and how some of the troubles he faced transformed into how he was today. The whole idea of going to outside events still has not hit me yet, but this was a lot better than the Otherlands reading just because it was not “gay” at all. That reading still makes me wonder why I stayed. J. So, this is my fifth outside event. And how I thought about it.

Word Count: 241

No comments:

Post a Comment