Monday, November 23, 2009

Coffee Bar Reading

Wednesday night I had gone to the Otherlands Coffee Bar poetry reading. Well let us just say it was different. The female reader was not very loud so I could not hear exactly what she was reading. But with the male reader, he expressed his thoughts very vividly. The reading was really awkward since it was talking of what it sounded to be like a real life experience of his life with a guy friend. It talked about how he once got into drugs and how they affected the life of him and his friend. Eventually if I heard correctly his friend had killed himself, although I cannot remember exactly how. But the aura that the coffee bar gave was one that made the reading a somewhat interesting event. Would I return and go to another reading? Well I might return once more and if I experience the same type of reading probably not. It was just not my source of fun that I enjoy.

Word Count: 165

No comments:

Post a Comment